- Public Health
- Are You Ready?
Hurricane Preparedness Season: Get the Toolkit!
Take advantage of the resources below to get prepared and to help others prepare. But first, make sure you download the Hurricane Preparedness Toolkit!
Vital resources to help you prepare include:
Highly Pathogenic Avian InfluenzaKey Points and Recommendations:
1) No human illness has been identified during this current outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in the U.S.; however, any highly pathogenic H5 virus has potential to cause human illness.
2) No birds with HPAI have been identified in NH or New England.
3) Health care providers should ask their patients that present will influenza-like-illness or acute respiratory illness about domestic and wild bird exposure and test, treat and report appropriately.
4) Health care workers should be knowledgeable of appropriate prevention messages for their patients who have contact with birds.
5) Health care providers should continue to manage all patients who have unidentified new cough illness under droplet precautions.
6) Report all suspect and confirmed cases to the NH DPHS Bureau of Infectious Disease Control within 24 hours at 603-271-4496 (after hours 1-800-852-3345, x5300).For any questions regarding the contents of this message, please contact NH DHHS, DPHS, Bureau of Infectious Disease Control at 603-271-4496 (after hours 1-800-852-3345 ext.5300).